Monday, August 25, 2008

Q & A Session

My brother-in-law Trevor asked me some questions about my last post so I decided to answer them for everyone.

Q: Did the goat taste like chicken?
The goat meat was dark, so no it did not taste like chicken. I can't really compare it with another type of meat but it would be closest to pork. I think it was boiled because he was carving it from a big chunk that was in a pot full of juices. The seasoning had a bit of a curry flavor to it so I think it was cumin.

Q: Did you feel like Indiana Jones when you cracked the whip?
I did feel pretty powerful with the whip once I got the hang of it, but not as cool as Indiana because he made us wear goggles. Something I learned that I didn't know is the noise from the whip is created because you are breaking the sound barrier. If the whip hits the ground before it moves fast enough, there will be no sound. Because of this, he also had us stand on milk crates.

Q: Did you make eight seconds on the bull?
I actually lasted longer than 8 seconds! The bull bucked 8 times and then started to spin. Both times I rode it forward I lasted a few spins, but then flew off the front. When I tried it backwards it was actually easier because even though there was no rope to hold, the body was more narrow so I could grip with my legs better. One thing I didn't know about riding a bull is that you put your strong arm in the air. It goes against your natural instinct because you want to hold onto the rope with your stronger arm, but putting it in the air gives you better balance and control.

Q: Was the DVD on the bus 'Crocodile Dundee'?
Haha, No we mostly watched mindless movies like Old School. But we did watch one that was a documentary called 'Kenny', which is about a man who works for a portable toilet company. It was supposed to be really funny but I just thought it was kind of sad how poorly people treat him. Plus I think a lot of the humor was Australian.

Q: How would you describe the noise you made on the didgeridoo?
It is really hard to describe the sound, but it is almost like techno music. It is sort of annoying at first but then as you listen it kind of puts you in a trance. That sounds really strange but to watch a video that will give you a better idea click here (disclaimer: the sound isn't working on this computer so I'm not sure if this is the best example, but it should give you an idea).

Thanks for the great questions Trevor!

1 comment:

Megan said...

It IS like techno, plus the guy in the video was keeping beat by hitting it with a stick.

Thanks for all the awesome info.