Monday, September 5, 2011

Hometown Love

When I first got to Redlands, it wasn’t quite as hot as Visalia was but I still wanted to jump in a pool right away. Luckily one of my friends was not working on Friday, so I got to spend some time cooling off.

I forgot how much I missed a skyline full of palm trees. While a lot of things have changed in Redlands, some things have stayed just the same. I have had such an amazing time visiting with some of my closest friends, seeing their new houses, and catching up on each others’ lives. It’s incredibly refreshing to be around people who know me well and can just pick up where we left off.

It has been a hard contrast of feelings for me here. I’ve been SO happy to spend quality time with my dear friends, but SO sad that this is my last stop on the West Coast. Today I’ll be driving east, and not knowing when I’ll be back is making this visit feel so final. At least it’s been a good one.

No comments: